I managed to make a quick couple of cards and a super cute treat box for you guys this past week with items in the new Stampin' Up Holiday 2018 Catalog! It's finally available!
The treat box is really easy to make using our Takeout Thinlits dies and the Takeout Treats stamp set. I personally think these would be perfect for making and popping a couple of Hershey kisses in (I actually found that two mini Twix bars fit in them perfectly) and give to teachers, co-workers, treats for your kids classmates (I mean, Halloween IS coming up soon!) or even make them out of some really pretty cardstock and put them on place settings for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Just a few ideas!
There really aren't any specific dimensions that I need to list here for the treat boxes...just make sure you use a heavier cardstock so they will be sturdy.
As for the cards - I used the Wishing You Well stamp set to make both of them. I love this stamp set because I can see that it would be very versatile; you could use it simple Christmas cards, as I have, or any time of the year. You could add tiny red rhinestone gems to the wreath for a little more "pizzazz" if you want! Here are the dimensions I used for the card below:
- Thick Whisper White cardstock for the base (8.5" x 5.5" scored at 4.25 and folded in half)
- Whisper White cardstock 3.5" x 3.5"
- Granny Apple Green ink pad
- Tranquil Tide ink pad
- Wishing You Well stamp set
- Linen Thread
And this is the second card I made using the different stamps out of the same set, along with the dimensions:
- Thick Whisper White cardstock for card base (see dimensions above)
- Whisper White cardstock 5.25" x 4"
- Whisper White cardstock strip 1.2" x 4"
- Pear Pizzazz ink pad
- Pumpkin Pie in pad
- Pineapple Punch ink pad
- Linen thread (long enough to make several loops)
- Stampin' Up Dimensionals
- Adhesive of choice